What does it mean to score a song?Scoring a song means to listen to the song and perform it exactly the way it was done by the musician.
When a bass guitarist wants to score a song, He listens carefully to what the bass guitarist played in the song and replicates it in the exact same way to perform it. The same thing applies to a pianist, he replicates the part of the piano in the exact same way as it was done in the song.
The same thing applies to all the other musical instrumentalist.
How do you score a song?To score a song, you are going to do what we call "Active Listening".
What is active listening?Active listening means to give your total attention unto something in an attempt to discover the hidden treasures embedded in it
Tips that can help us in active listening
1. Avoid confusing a music video with an audio music:To train ur listening abilities in music, an audio music is most advisable to listen to mostly, but there is also vital importance to the music video which should guide ur growth in music excellence, these are:
-It heps in learning some musical and emotional expressions of a song, which should actually be peculiar to how you feel the music relate to you.
- It helps to learn and understand more about stage management, stage arrangement, choir settings, stage lightings, instrument arrangement, etc.
Other than these strong reasons, I suggest music audio is better for active listening.
2 .Closing your eyes when listening to music:It helps you relate better with the music and also help you view the sounds you are hearing distinctively: you can pick those musical sounds just like u can separate a red colour from a blue in a multicolored patterned cloth. Closing your eyes also makes you relate the music with your current life settings
3. Use your emotional interpretations:Try to feel what exactly the composer want to express to his listeners and try also to connect with the composer’s reality.
4. Listen to the music with so much positive emotion:Allow your feelings and mood to change as the sound you hear changes. Let your feelings be positive.
This is very amazing.... While listening allow the vibes in the music excite u: this part of music is healthy to your body..: involves more secretion of Serotonin, Dopamine (excitatory neurotransmitters).It keeps ur soul and mood beautiful.
5. Remember to use headphones, headsets or earpiece:When you are with people you do not want to disturb by playing your music, or in the night to avoid disturbances. Try not to use headphones while driving.
Make sure your headphone is of good quality as headphones with less quality can reduce the quality of the music, and even hinder you from hearing some beneficial spices in the music. Using a quality ear piece and head set greatly helps ur listening